The reason why I'm interested in UDL's potential is rooted in an experience I had during the summer of 2004. I had the opportunity to go to East Asia and work in various orphanages in a country (vague, I know). These orphanages were mainly in the countryside, some located off discrete roads and others located in cities.
While working at these orphanages, I worked with a lot of children who had a span of disabilities.Accessing appropriate education is a major challenge, given the limited resources in highly poor areas of the country. Consequently, a number of children who had physical disabilities were not given great opportunities for learning....and that is why I see huge potential in UDL's impact on developing countries. Understandably, video technology, internet technology, etc. are not available to these children. But this semester, I would like to see what resources are available for children in high-poverty regions of the world.
3 comments:
Your images are beautiful. They add a lot to your writing!
Wow, that is a life changing experience!
It sounds like a great experience. I look forward to hearing more about it in class and on your blog.
Nancy (aka Psychometrica)
Post a Comment